About Me

My photo
I love science, physics, art, history, nursing. I am a nurse, and want to share my love of these topics and how to be healthier, and more awesome! :)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Etsy Changes

Etsy  has updated the way that  shoppers browse products.  A lot of people have been leaving etsy due to this and several other changes causing their sales to drop sharply.  After the change my sales have also dropped.  I am concerned - but also doing a lot of things to actively improve my SEO.  ( search engine optimization).
http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/023294.html


 I am also using BETSI to update my items and listings. I will be revamping my products after the holidays-  I am consigning a lot of them downstate, and having craft shows to move inventory.  Throwing money at marketing doesn't always work as I have learned :)  I also don't have a very cohesive style or product-  I make what I feel like learning about and exploring. My paintings aren't cohesive, my jewlery,  I feel like I wouldn't want to do it if I were making similar items. Oh well = I will tackle that later :)

My goal for next year 2013:
- My second silver smithing class
-set up  metal smithing studio/ torch
- hand stamped jewlery  with rivets and soldering
-gem stones
My crafting goal for the next two years 2014 :
become a wholesale supplier



 Here is another article that I found helpful:
http://www.handmadeology.com/advertising-breaking-the-piggy-bank-try-smart-marketing-instead/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+handmadeology%2Ffeed+%28Handmadeology+Today%29

No comments:

Post a Comment